In the ESG investment context, best-in-class screening means investment in sectors, companies or projects selected from a defined universe for positive ESG performance relative to industry peers.
Best-in-class screening is sometimes known as Positive screening.
- Carbon footprint
- Corporate engagement and shareholder action
- Corporate social responsibility
- ESG investment
- Impact investing
- International Labour Organization
- Negative screening
- Norms-based screening
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Sustainability themed investing
- United Nations