1. Equity - investment.
An equity share that is considered to be of the investment highest quality.
2. Other investment assets.
Any other investment asset considered to be of the highest credit quality.
Investors who invest mainly - or only - in blue chip investments.
- Virgin's loan notes secured on Heathrow landing slots
- "Virgin Atlantic Airways secured an impressive £220m senior secured note transaction using the airline's [rights to use] take-off and landing slots at London Heathrow Airport.
- It is the first time in European air travel history that airport slots have been leveraged in this way.
- Moody's provided a private rating for the senior notes, which lent further credibility and confidence to investors.
- The deal attracted interest from blue-chip investors as well as long-term pension funds."
- The Treasurer magazine, February 2017 p25 - Deals of the Year - Bonds below £500m winner.