FX Global Code
The FX Global Code is a set of global principles of good practice for the wholesale foreign exchange markets developed by the Bank for International Settlements (BIS).
These aim to provide a common set of guidelines to promote the integrity and effective functioning of foreign exchange markets.
Good practice as standard
- "Both the FX Global and the UK Money Market Codes are voluntary, but drafted to encourage the broadest possible range of market participants to become involved by signing up to the statement of commitment.
- The overarching principle of both of these codes is that market participants should strive for the highest ethical standards."
- The Treasurer magazine, November 2017, p27 - Sarah Boyce, associate policy and technical director at the Association of Corporate Treasurers.
The FX Global Code is also sometimes known as the Global Code, or the Global FX Code.
- Bank for International Settlements
- Compliance risk
- Foreign exchange
- Foreign Exchange Committee
- Global Foreign Exchange Committee
- Good practice
- Statement of commitment
- UK Money Markets Code