Federal Trade Commission
From ACT Wiki
Revision as of 20:51, 30 April 2020 by Doug Williamson (Classify page.)
US - consumer protection - competition authority.
The US Federal Trade Commission is established to:
- Prevent business practices that are anticompetitive, or deceptive or unfair to consumers.
- Enhance informed consumer choice and public understanding of the competitive process.
- Accomplish this without unduly burdening legitimate business activity.
Air Liquide gains FTC clearance
- "Air Liquide's treasury team has scooped the award for European Treasury Team of the Year for its work on the financing to acquire Airgas.
- The acquisition was successfully completed on 23 May 2016, following US Federal Trade Commission clearance."
- The Treasurer magazine, February 2017 p32 - Deals of the Year.