From ACT Wiki
Activities designed to promote a flattering image of:
- An organisation as being more environmentally responsible than it really is, or
- A product as having better environmental credentials than it actually does.
Also written green wash, green washing, or greenwashing.
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) acts against greenwashing by energy company
- "ASIC has taken its first action for ‘greenwashing’ against listed energy company Tlou Energy Limited (Tlou)...
- ASIC has highlighted greenwashing – the practice of misrepresenting the extent to which a financial product or investment strategy is environmentally friendly, sustainable or ethical – and sustainable finance as a key priority.
- ASIC Deputy Chair Sarah Court said, ‘As entities promote sustainability and green practices as part of their value proposition, they must ensure they can support those statements and have a reasonable basis for doing so.'"
- Media release - ASIC - 27 October 2022.