Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
Revision as of 15:46, 25 July 2013
Welcome to the Treasurer's Wiki
The Treasurer’s Wiki is aimed at sharing knowledge and experience across the treasury community. We hope you will use it as a platform to share knowledge and provide useful tools to other likeminded people.
We acknowledge that to start with some of the entries are brief, but our aim was to create a wide variety of pages. We look forward to working with all the volunteer editors to build added depth and an extended coverage.
The Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT) sets the benchmark for international treasury excellence. As the Chartered body for treasury, we lead the profession by delivering our internationally recognised suite of treasury qualifications, by defining standards and by championing continuing professional development. We are the authentic voice of the treasury profession representing the interests of the real economy and educating, supporting and leading the treasurers of today and tomorrow.
A form of secured borrowing, using a simultaneous agreement to:
(i) Sell securities at the start of the contract, and
(ii) Buy them back later at a pre-agreed (higher) price at a fixed future date.
The party selling securities (usually bonds, gilts, treasuries or other government or tradable instruments) at the start of the contract is the borrower, receiving cash at the start and tied to an agreement to buy the securities back at a specified later date and price.
In the event of the borrower's default, the lender (party providing the cash to the borrower) can sell the collateralised security to recoup some or all of its investment.
A reverse repurchase agreement (reverse repo) is the mirror image of the repo transaction, from the investor/lender’s view – and could logically have been called a “re-sale agreement”.
By extension, collateralised borrowing using securities as the collateral (without legal transfer of the securities).
- Main Page - ( 1037819 views )
- Day count conventions - ( 313048 views )
- ACT Competency Framework - ( 221277 views )
- The Treasurers Handbook - ( 219780 views )
- Annuity factor - ( 194074 views )
- Feedforward ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:39, 28 November 2020 ]
- Ten Point Plan ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 13:15, 28 November 2020 ]
- Green jobs ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 13:10, 28 November 2020 ]
- Green collar ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 00:53, 27 November 2020 ]
- Distribution ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 00:47, 27 November 2020 ]
- Indirect method ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 17:33, 3 December 2020 ]
- Direct method ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 16:33, 3 December 2020 ]
- Strengths assessment ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:21, 28 November 2020 ]
- EBI ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:18, 28 November 2020 ]
- WWW ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:17, 28 November 2020 ]
Last 30 days (Top 10 contributors)