Welcome to the Treasurer's Wiki
The Treasurer’s Wiki aims to share knowledge and experience across the treasury community. We hope you will use it as a platform to share knowledge and provide useful tools to other likeminded people.
The Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT) sets the benchmark for international treasury excellence. As the Chartered body for treasury, we lead the profession by delivering our internationally recognised suite of treasury qualifications, by defining standards and by championing continuing professional development. We are the authentic voice of the treasury profession representing the interests of the real economy and educating, supporting and leading the treasurers of today and tomorrow.
Assets which are of sufficiently high quality to be used as collateral.
Eligible collateral would normally include high quality readily marketable securities, such as gilts.
Lower quality assets might be eligible, depending on the circumstances or the conditions of a particular facility.
2. Sterling Monetary Framework (SMF).
In the context of the Bank of England's (the Bank's) SMF, eligible collateral means assets which are acceptable to the Bank as security for its lending facilities and operations under the SMF.
Gilts are eligible collateral for all facilities.
Other, lower quality, forms of collateral are eligible only for certain SMF facilities.
3. Central banking.
Collateral acceptable to other central banks, for similar facilities and operations.
- Bank of England
- Central bank
- Collateral transformation
- Liquidity insurance
- Liquidity upgrade
- Repurchase agreement
- Historic cost ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 15:23, 29 October 2020 ]
- Historical cost ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 12:43, 29 October 2020 ]
- Accounting practice ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 12:30, 29 October 2020 ]
- Measurement ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 11:59, 29 October 2020 ]
- Economic resource ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 11:35, 29 October 2020 ]
- Call option ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 22:56, 29 October 2020 ]
- Option ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 22:54, 29 October 2020 ]
- Historical cost ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:50, 29 October 2020 ]
- Historical cost accounting ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:49, 29 October 2020 ]
- Historic ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:49, 29 October 2020 ]