Welcome to the Treasurer's Wiki
The Treasurer’s Wiki aims to share knowledge and experience across the treasury community. We hope you will use it as a platform to share knowledge and provide useful tools to other likeminded people.
The Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT) sets the benchmark for international treasury excellence. As the Chartered body for treasury, we lead the profession by delivering our internationally recognised suite of treasury qualifications, by defining standards and by championing continuing professional development. We are the authentic voice of the treasury profession representing the interests of the real economy and educating, supporting and leading the treasurers of today and tomorrow.
A written order from one party (the drawer) to another (the drawee, normally a bank) requiring the drawee to pay a specified sum on demand to the drawer or to a third party specified by the drawer.
Historically, cheques have been very widely used for settling debts and withdrawing money from banks.
Their use has been declining as they are replaced by electronic and card payments.
Note: US spelling of cheque is "check".
- Bank cheque
- Bill of exchange
- Cash letter
- Cheque clearing
- Cheque truncation
- Clearing float
- Country items
- Drawee bank
- Electronic check (US)
- Magnetic ink character recognition
- Mail float
- Money order
- Payor (or payer)
- Post-dated cheque
- Substitute check (US)
- Transit routing number (US)
- Payments and payment systems
- Feedforward ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:39, 28 November 2020 ]
- Ten Point Plan ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 13:15, 28 November 2020 ]
- Green jobs ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 13:10, 28 November 2020 ]
- Green collar ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 00:53, 27 November 2020 ]
- Distribution ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 00:47, 27 November 2020 ]
- Strengths assessment ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:21, 28 November 2020 ]
- EBI ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:18, 28 November 2020 ]
- WWW ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:17, 28 November 2020 ]
- 360 degree feedback ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:16, 28 November 2020 ]
- Formative ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:16, 28 November 2020 ]