Welcome to the Treasurer's Wiki
The Treasurer’s Wiki aims to share knowledge and experience across the treasury community. We hope you will use it as a platform to share knowledge and provide useful tools to other likeminded people.
The Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT) sets the benchmark for international treasury excellence. As the Chartered body for treasury, we lead the profession by delivering our internationally recognised suite of treasury qualifications, by defining standards and by championing continuing professional development. We are the authentic voice of the treasury profession representing the interests of the real economy and educating, supporting and leading the treasurers of today and tomorrow.
Contingent assets are defined as possible assets that arise from past events and whose existence will be confirmed only by the occurrence of one or more uncertain events not wholly within the reporting entity’s control.
The generally accepted accounting treatment for contingent assets is that a contingent asset should not be recognised, because it could result in the recognition of profit that may never be realised.
Where the inflow of economic benefits is probable the entity should disclose a brief description of the contingent asset and an indication of its financial effect.
If there is only the possibility of an asset arising no mention at all should be made in the accounts.
Relevant accounting standards include Section 21 of FRS 102 and IAS 37.
- GCF ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 19:53, 19 April 2019 ]
- UNFCC ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 19:39, 19 April 2019 ]
- TPP11 ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 19:29, 19 April 2019 ]
- Hybrid cloud ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 19:00, 19 April 2019 ]
- Public cloud ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 18:43, 19 April 2019 ]
- Commerce Clearing House ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 19:24, 19 April 2019 ]
- Long-dated swap ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 19:04, 19 April 2019 ]
- International money market ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 19:04, 19 April 2019 ]
- ICTA ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 19:03, 19 April 2019 ]
- International payment instruction ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 19:00, 19 April 2019 ]