Welcome to the Treasurer's Wiki
The Treasurer’s Wiki aims to share knowledge and experience across the treasury community. We hope you will use it as a platform to share knowledge and provide useful tools to other likeminded people.
The Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT) sets the benchmark for international treasury excellence. As the Chartered body for treasury, we lead the profession by delivering our internationally recognised suite of treasury qualifications, by defining standards and by championing continuing professional development. We are the authentic voice of the treasury profession representing the interests of the real economy and educating, supporting and leading the treasurers of today and tomorrow.
Responsibility for the regulation and supervision of the Australian financial system is vested in four separate agencies:
1. Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA)
2. Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
3. Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA)
4. Australian Treasury.
These four bodies comprise the Council of Financial Regulators (CFR).
Further information about the first two of these bodies is set out below.
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA)
APRA oversees Australian banks, credit unions, building societies, general insurance and reinsurance companies, life insurance, private health insurance, friendly societies and most members of the superannuation industry.
APRA is funded largely by the industries that it supervises.
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
ASIC is Australia’s corporate, markets and financial services regulator.
It contributes to Australia’s economic reputation and wellbeing by ensuring that
- PRI ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 23:23, 7 January 2020 ]
- IOC ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 15:54, 1 January 2020 ]
- IWPP ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:59, 1 January 2020 ]
- Solar CSP ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:57, 30 December 2019 ]
- Solar PV ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:41, 30 December 2019 ]
- Equity ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 22:04, 16 January 2020 ]
- Common equity ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 22:02, 16 January 2020 ]
- Common Equity Tier 1 ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 22:00, 16 January 2020 ]
- Fund ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 00:20, 16 January 2020 ]
- Impairment ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 00:11, 16 January 2020 ]