Welcome to the Treasurer's Wiki
The Treasurer’s Wiki is aimed at sharing knowledge and experience across the treasury community. We hope you will use it as a platform to share knowledge and provide useful tools to other likeminded people.
The Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT) sets the benchmark for international treasury excellence. As the Chartered body for treasury, we lead the profession by delivering our internationally recognised suite of treasury qualifications, by defining standards and by championing continuing professional development. We are the authentic voice of the treasury profession representing the interests of the real economy and educating, supporting and leading the treasurers of today and tomorrow.
A view that the probabilities of very large market movements - positive or negative - are greater than predicted by a simple random walk model of market prices.
In other words, the view that market shows trending behaviour in relation to large market movements: 'Both panic and over-exuberance are contagious'.
This view is reflected in deeply out-of-the money options having greater implied volatilities (calculated from their greater traded values) than at-the-money options.
This view is also a potential explanation for leptokurtic frequency distributions.
(Which have longer 'tails' of extreme values than the simpler Normal frequency distributions often used for modelling and calculation purposes.)
- At the money
- Implied volatility
- Leptokurtic frequency distribution
- Out of the money
- Random walk
- Main Page - ( 1036885 views )
- Day count conventions - ( 312928 views )
- ACT Competency Framework - ( 221248 views )
- The Treasurers Handbook - ( 219690 views )
- Annuity factor - ( 193800 views )
- Feedforward ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:39, 28 November 2020 ]
- Ten Point Plan ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 13:15, 28 November 2020 ]
- Green jobs ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 13:10, 28 November 2020 ]
- Green collar ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 00:53, 27 November 2020 ]
- Distribution ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 00:47, 27 November 2020 ]
- Strengths assessment ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:21, 28 November 2020 ]
- EBI ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:18, 28 November 2020 ]
- WWW ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:17, 28 November 2020 ]
- 360 degree feedback ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:16, 28 November 2020 ]
- Formative ( Doug Williamson ) - [ 14:16, 28 November 2020 ]
Last 30 days (Top 10 contributors)