From ACT Wiki
Revision as of 14:26, 27 April 2022 by Doug Williamson (Talk | contribs) (Update link.)
Interest rate benchmarks.
Sterling Overnight Index Average.
Tracks actual average market sterling funding rates each day:
- for settlement that day
- where repayment is made on the following business day.
It is defined and calculated as the weighted average rate (to four decimal places) of all unsecured sterling overnight cash transactions brokered in London by EVIA* member firms between midnight and 4.15pm London time with all counterparties in a minimum deal size of £25 million.
The Bank of England assumed responsibility as the administrator of a revised SONIA with effect from April 2018.
Among other changes, SONIA was broadened to include overnight unsecured transactions negotiated bilaterally, as well as those arranged via brokers.
- Euro Overnight Index Average
- European Venues and Intermediaries Association (EVIA)
- Financial Stability Board
- Interest determination date
- Over night index average rate
- Overnight indexed swap
- RFR WG
- Risk-free rates
- Sterling overnight index average
- Transition risk
- Working Group on Sterling Risk-Free Reference Rates
- 2021: A Benchmark Odyssey, Practical Guidance for Treasurers on interest rate benchmarks, Slaughter and May