Social inclusion bond
From ACT Wiki
Revision as of 11:16, 14 September 2019 by Doug Williamson (Add link.)
Sustainable investment - Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB).
Proceeds raised through social inclusion bonds issued by the CEB are to be exclusively used to finance and/or refinance, in part or in full, new and/or existing loans that:
- (i) are exclusively focused on social activities; and
- (ii) have a social impact that can be easily assessed and quantified with data available for impact reporting.
- Examples include:
- (a) Social housing for low-income persons;
- (b) Education and vocational training: projects concerning education, including vocational training, and related basic infrastructure with the aim to provide access to education and vocational training; and
- (c) Projects facilitating access to credit for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) for the prime purpose of promoting the creation and preservation of viable jobs.