From ACT Wiki
Revision as of 13:25, 8 June 2021 by Doug Williamson (Add example.)
1. Information technology (IT).
Visualisation is the process of taking data and using IT to display it, in ways that yield more insight.
A simple example is a chart.
- New visualisation tools
- "... visualisation tools display data in a way that it can be queried...
- We've had these tools to an extent, but the new-generation visualisation techniques available mean that we will be able to display information in such a fashion that you can get a lot more out of it.
- You reveal the insight that's hidden in the data and you access that insight much more quickly."
- The Treasurer magazine, December 2019, p19 - Stuart Wray CA AMCT, Head of Implementation, Future Finance, RBS.
2. More generally.
Similar techniques, without using IT.