From ACT Wiki
Accounts - digital wallets.
Withdrawing money or other assets from an account or digital wallet.
- Seamless funding and defunding experience essential to digital euro
- "Funding and defunding functionalities would enable the end user to top up or withdraw digital euro holdings by transferring money from/to private money or with/into cash.
- Users would either fund their digital euro holdings accounts or wallets with cash, or convert private money into digital euro (“funding”).
- Conversely, they could convert digital euro into cash or into private money (“defunding”).
- A seamless funding and defunding experience is essential to support the successful uptake of the digital euro; the ease with which such functionalities could be used would significantly affect end users’ willingness to adopt a digital euro and to use it over time.
- The set of funding and defunding functionalities to be offered by supervised intermediaries would need to ensure a common baseline end user experience, irrespective of the supervised intermediary that provides them with the digital euro."
- Progress on the investigation phase of a digital euro - January 2023 - European Central Bank (ECB).