From ACT Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
1. Information technology (IT).
Visualisation is the process of taking data and using IT to display it, in ways that yield more insight.
A simple example is a chart.
- New visualisation tools
- "... visualisation tools display data in a way that it can be queried...
- We've had these tools to an extent, but the new-generation visualisation techniques available mean that we will be able to display information in such a fashion that you can get a lot more out of it.
- You reveal the insight that's hidden in the data and you access that insight much more quickly."
- The Treasurer magazine, December 2019, p19 - Stuart Wray CA AMCT, Head of Implementation, Future Finance, RBS.
2. More generally.
Similar techniques, without using IT.