From ACT Wiki
- Advanced Diploma in Treasury Management is launched, replacing the MCT qualification.
- Total views of the Treasurer's Wiki exceed 23 million.
- First successful CertBALM® students receive their UK Asset and Liability Management Association (ALMA) ACT-accredited qualification.
- New home of ACT learning is launched - the ACT Learning Academy.
- Inaugrual Africa conference held in Nairobi, Kenya - Engaging with the human in 'human capital'.
- ACT LinkedIn group exceeds 10,000 members.
- Revised version of Certificate in International Cash Management (CertICM) launched: New CertICM syllabus.
- New route to becoming an AMCT member launched for more experienced treasurers: Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
- New e-learning series First Steps in Treasury launched.
- New Award in Cash Management Fundamentals launched.
- ACT accredits UK Asset & Liability Management Association (ALMA)'s new CertBALM® qualification: ALMA launches new benchmark ACT-accredited qualification.
- New member service, the ACT career hub is launched, providing an online gateway to a host of information, tools and advice to support treasury professionals' career development.
- ACT's qualification structure revised against the ACT Competency Framework is launched, including the Certificate in Treasury Fundamentals, Certificate in Treasury and Diploma in Treasury Management.
- The Treasurer's Handbook wiki edition is launched.
- The ACT Competency Framework is launched, identifying and mapping the behavioural, business and technical skills needed for different treasury job levels, rising from junior ('tactical') to the most senior ('strategic').
- The Treasurer's Wiki is launched in June.
- ACT awarded a Royal Charter.
- CPD scheme launched.
- 'Ones to Watch' published highlighting young treasurers of the future.
- BIS asks ACT to investigate barriers to developing a UK private placement market.
- Inaugural ACT Cash and Treasury Management conference in Hong Kong.
- CertITM qualification embedded in the Sheffield Hallam Masters programme.
- The Treasurer magazine relaunched.
- ACT president appointed by BIS to Breedon group to review Finance for Business
- ACT Middle East Linkedin group established.
- Ownership of the ACT Linkedin group donated to the ACT by Xinkai Chen AMCT.
- ACT invited by the Bank of England to chair a working group on Supply Chain Finance.
- New Certificate in International Treasury Management (CertITM) launched.
- Students can opt to take individual certificate papers.
- New MCT programme launched.
- Modular exam system launched.
- New Certificate in Financial Maths & Modelling (CertFMM) launched.
- ACT Middle East established.
- 10,000th student enrolled.
- First Treasurers' Conference, attended by 400 treasury professionals.
- ACT Technical Team succeeds in inclusion of essential rules on insider trading in the Market Abuse Directive.
- Resolution passed giving AMCTs the right to vote at ACT members' meetings.
- A Code of Standard Practices for Participants in the Credit Rating Process is published.
- E-learning programme for CertICM launched.
- First tuition school run in Hong Kong for CertICM.
- Policy and Technical team established - focus on IAS 39 and Payments Directive.
- Corporate membership introduced.
- Accelerated route to AMCT offered to CIMA.
- Experience route to Membership ceased. Entry becomes by exam only.
- The Certificate in Cash Management launched.
- Associates recognised as members and designatory letters changed to AMCT.
- ACT (Technical) and ACT (Diploma) first examined.
- First European conference held in Brussels.
- ACT establishes its own Part I course to be called ACT (Technical), which later becomes the AMCT exam.
- FSMD write the new Part II course; ACT (Diploma) which later becomes the MCT exam.
- First Director General - Gerald Leahy - appointed.
- ACT in action - first known record of ACT lobbying with effect as John Grout and Gareth Jones succeed in introducing 'permitted and exempt persons' to the Financial Services Bill 1986.
- First set of students presented with their certificates and prizes at Nomura House.
- ACT coat of arms and motto 'Prosperity through Stewardship' adopted.
- Professional Examinations correspondence course launched.
- 36 students enrolled in the first year.
- First Annual Dinner with 183 attendees.
- The Association of Corporate Treasurers is formed; inaugural meeting held at Plaisterers Hall
- First issue of The Treasurer magazine published.
- Norman Tribble and Walter Woodford write 'ACT Now', setting out their ideas and a plan of action.