Governmental responses - COVID-19.
Responses to pandemics to reduce spread of infective agents, including:
- School and workplace closures
- Cancellation of public events
- Restrictions on size of gatherings
- Closures of public transport
- Mandatory use of personal protective clothing and equipment
- Stay-at-home orders
- Restrictions on movement within countries and other regions
- Restrictions on international travel
Sometimes more generally known as social distancing for mitigating actions or lockdown for more stringent actions.
Contrasted with more direct medical responses including testing, vaccine development and vaccination.