Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive
Environmental, social and governance concerns (ESG) - European Union.
The European Union's Non-Financial Reporting Directive (NFRD) became effective from January 2021. Companies currently under the scope of the NFRD have to disclose information on how - and to what extent - their operations are associated with environmentally sustainable economic activities.
The strengthened Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) - among other changes - with effect from 2023:
- Extends the scope of mandatory sustainability reporting to all large companies and all companies listed on regulated markets (except listed micro-enterprises).
- Introduces more detailed reporting requirements, and a requirement to report according to mandatory EU sustainability reporting standards.
- Requires auditing of reported sustainability information.
- European Sustainability Reporting Standards (ESRS)
- Non-Financial Reporting Directive (NFRD)
- Sustainability reporting