From ACT Wiki
Law - company law - regulation.
Existing as a legal right or restriction, whether or not borne out as a matter of practical reality.
The opposite of de facto.
- De facto capital market integration exceeds de jure
- "[There is a] substantial gap between de facto and de jure measures of financial openness and integration.
- In short, the fact that numerous developing countries impose significant legal controls on the international movement of capital does not mean that such controls are particularly effective in curbing international capital flows.
- Actual financial integration – as measured by capital flows and cross-border financial asset holdings – may significantly exceed the level implied by corresponding legal controls."
- Asian capital market integration - the Treasurer's Wiki