From ACT Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Financial reporting - tangible fixed assets.
Accounting depreciation spreads the cost of a long-term tangible asset over its total life.
The accounting charge for depreciation reflects:
- the estimated periodic cost to a business
- of a physical capital asset
- spread over its estimated useful economic life.
Also known as depreciation expense.
- Accruals accounting
- Accumulated depreciation
- Capital allowances
- Net book value
- Property, plant and equipment
- Provision for depreciation
- Reducing balance
- Straight line
- Sum of the digits
- Tangible asset
- Tax depreciation
- Writing down allowance