A digital footprint is a trail or 'footprint' of data created while using the Internet.
It includes any form of transmission of information (emails, websites visited, uploading videos) all of which leave traces which are available to others online.
- Personalising malicious attacks
- "The rise of digital footprints is enabling cybercriminals to become smarter with their tactics, with more information available online to use when personalising their malicious attacks."
- Daniel Piper, Detective inspector Cyber Crime, City of London Police.
- Cybercrime – A Threat And An Opportunity
- Cyber security: protecting your business and your clients
- Operational risk
- Reputational risk