From ACT Wiki
A Global Systemically Important Financial Institution, failure of which would have global financial stability implications.
Lists of G-SIFIs are published and maintained by the Financial Stability Board.
The list is in two sections:
- one for G-SIBs (Global Systemically Important Banks), compiled with the BCBS and
- one for Global Systemically Important Insurers (G-SIIs), complied with after consultation with the IAIS and national supervisors.
- Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS)
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS)
- Systemically Important Financial Institution