From ACT Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Energy - sustainability.
Hydrogen can potentially be burned very cleanly, producing only heat and water.
This can make it a useful fuel for vehicles and electricity generation.
- Is hydrogen low carbon?
- "It can be used in a fuel cell or combusted in a boiler, turbine or engine to generate heat or electricity.
- It can be stored in various ways, including at very large scales, and be transported to different end users, in much the same way as natural gas or liquid fuels....
- However, hydrogen can only be considered as a decarbonisation option if it is readily available, at the right price, the right volume and with sufficient confidence it is low carbon.
- In addition, potential users must be able to purchase hydrogen-using equipment, with proper assurances about safety and reliability."
- UK Hydrogen Strategy - August 2021.
- Blue hydrogen
- Brown hydrogen
- Corporate social responsibility
- Fossil fuel
- Green hydrogen
- Grey hydrogen
- Peak demand
- Peak oil
- Pink hydrogen
- Turquoise hydrogen
- White hydrogen
- Yellow hydrogen