From ACT Wiki
A reverse takeover is the acquisition of a listed company by a private company.
- Reverse complexity
- "The reverse takeover created complexity from an M&A and listing perspective.
- It required us to issue the prospectus when we agreed the merger, but then we had to essentially delist and relist with a second prospectus when the transaction completed.
- Being large competitors, there was obviously a competition authority process as well.
- That went through a Phase 1 CMA process [a local regional-based decision] that was successful and the transaction completed early last year."
- Adam Richford FCA FCT, Group Treasurer, Renewi, The Treasurer, August 2018, p17.