From ACT Wiki
SWIFT’s Global Payments Innovation, a closed private blockchain for cross-border payments.
SWIFT v Ripple - cross-border payments
- "One possible practical application of blockchain technology has been identified as payments - specifically, cross-border payments.
- Currently, there are two principal approaches being taken: SWIFT gpi with a hyperledger protocol (a closed private blockchain), and Ripple with an interledger protocol (peer-to-peer with no central hub).
- There are pros and cons to both approaches..."
- The Treasurer, September 2017, p11.
- Distributed ledger
- Payments and payment systems
- Ripple payment protocol
- Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications (SWIFT)