From ACT Wiki
Education and diversity.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
Also written 'STEM'.
Women with Stem skills 'lost to the economy'
- The National Audit Office (NAO) has identified that:
- Females made up only 42 per cent of all Stem A-level entries in 2017, and
- Females regularly outperform their male peers in many Stem subjects.
- This participation gap shows that young women represent a pool of potential Stem-skilled people that is currently being lost to the economy.
- Source: Times Educational Supplement, January 2018.