The supply chain is the whole of the processes and resources needed to move a product or service from a supplier to a buyer.
The supply chain includes both:
- Financial processes and resources; and
- Systems, people and other non-financial resources (the physical supply chain).
'Supply chain' also refers to businesses which supply another, often larger, business with components or other inputs.
- Nissan X-Trail to be manufactured in Japan, not UK
- 'Nissan's Sunderland plant grew to be the largest car plant in the history of Britain.
- The firm invested nearly £3.7 billion in it, and it currently employs about 7,000 people, with approximately another 35,000 in the supply chain.'
- Hansard, 4 February 2019.