1. Law - contract - agency - treasury controls.
A general level of powers granted or delegated to an individual - or an organisation - to make decisions or conclude transactions.
2. Law - contract - agency - treasury controls.
A power or permission accorded to carry out a particular transaction.
3. Regulation - supervision - law enforcement.
A body that has regulatory, supervisory, or other responsibilities, together with the necessary powers to carry them out.
For example, a central government tax authority.
- Audit, Reporting and Governance Authority
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
- Authorised payment institution
- Authorised push payment
- Authorised share capital
- Authority limits
- Competent Authority
- Competition & Markets Authority (CMA)
- Competition authority
- Data Protection Authority
- European Banking Authority (EBA)
- European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA)
- European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA)
- European Supervisory Authority (ESA)
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Infrastructure and Projects Authority
- Monetary authority
- Monetary Authority of Singapore
- National Competent Authority
- Ostensible authority
- Payroll tax
- Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA)
- Resolution Authority
- Rogue trader
- Treasury Operations and Controls
- Ultra vires
- Welsh Revenue Authority