From ACT Wiki
The Cheque and Credit Clearing Company Limited.
C&CCC provides a clearing service for paper based payment instructions in the UK.
Its role includes:
- Cheque clearing, the system which also processes bankers’ drafts, building society cheques, postal orders, warrants, government payable orders and travellers’ cheques.
- Credit clearing, which is the system for the clearing of paper bank giro credits.
- Euro clearing, which clears euro cheques drawn on UK banks.
- Currency clearing, which clears US dollar cheques drawn on UK banks.
- Clearing House Automated Payment System
- Faster Payments Scheme
- Payment service provider (PSP)
- Payments and payment systems
- Immediate payments and the impact on corporate treasurers