The process of transmitting, reconciling and, in some cases, confirming payment orders or security transfer instructions prior to settlement, possibly including netting of instructions and the establishment of final positions for settlement.
In the context of securities markets this process is often referred to as clearance.
Sometimes the term 'clearing' is used (imprecisely) to include settlement.
- Accept giros
- Accounts receivable conversion
- Automated clearing house system
- Central clearing
- Central clearing party
- Cheque clearing
- Clearing bank
- Clearing float
- Clearing house
- Clearing member
- Clearing system
- EBA Clearing
- Fixed Income Clearing Corporation
- Hong Kong Interbank Clearing Ltd
- International Commodities Clearing House
- Pan-European Automated Clearing House