Certificate of title
Law - lending and borrowing - security - mortgages - land.
A report by a legal adviser about the quality of the title enjoyed over land.
Title is the evidence of ownership.
In particular, the certificate of title will advise whether there is evidence of a "good and marketable" title, sufficient for a lender to safely take security over the land to support the loan.
The certificate will generally include findings about:
- Any rights of which the land has the benefit.
- Any burdens on the land, including third-party interests and potential third-party interests.
- Riverside unlock £100m of valuations
- "The Riverside [treasury] team completed a certificate of title for 7,000 properties in eight months and helped the group to unlock property valuations worth around £100m."
- ACT Deals of the Year Awards 2020 - Riverside