Assets pledged by a borrower, as additional protection for the lender's interest.
For example a residential mortgage loan, for which the security is the residential property mortgaged to the lender.
2. Credit risk - legal risk - commercial risk.
Other improvements to the legal or commercial position of a lender or another party, particularly in relation to credit risk.
3. Stocks - shares - similar assets.
A tradeable legal claim upon the assets of the issuer of the security.
Examples of traded securities include shares and bonds.
4. Safety - confidentiality.
Safety, including both physical safety and - for example - the confidentiality of information.
5. Geopolitical risk.
Abbreviation for national security.
6. Controls - systems - procedures.
Systems and procedures to improve safety.
Including for example both physical access controls and electronic controls such as encryption and passwords.
- Alienation of assets
- An introduction to debt securities
- Asset backed securities
- Bearer instrument = bearer security
- Bells and whistles
- Bought deal
- Capital instrument
- Capital securities
- Central securities depository
- Collateral agreement
- Cyber security
- Debt security
- Deep discount issue
- Deep market
- Dual currency bond
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA)
- Filter rule
- Financial instrument
- Firm bid/Firm offer
- Fixed charge
- Floating charge
- Food security
- Geopolitical risk
- Gilt-edged securities
- Global Master Securities Lending Agreement
- Information security management system
- Insider dealing
- International Central Securities Depository
- International Organization of Securities Commissions
- International Securities Market Association
- Investment bank
- Issue price
- Issuing house
- Listed security
- Medium term notes
- Mortgage-backed securities (MBS)
- Municipal security
- National security
- National security industrial complex
- Negative pledge
- Offer for sale
- Open-ended investment company
- Over the counter
- Principal value
- Private placement
- Promissory note
- Registered security
- Seasoned security
- Secured creditor
- Secured debt
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Securities Financing Transaction
- Securities Financing Transactions Regulation (SFTR)
- Securities lending
- Securities settlement system
- Security Market Line
- Spens clause
- Traded option
- Transport Layer Security
- Treasury inflation-indexed securities
- Treasury securities
- UK Securities Lending, Repo and Money Markets Code
- Undertaking for collective investments in transferable securities
- Unsecured debt
- Whole business securitisation