Failure to honour the terms of an agreement.
For example a loan agreement, or an obligation under a futures contract.
2. Systems design - behavioural economics - decision making.
A choice or determination that is made, when no other positive decision or initiative has been taken.
- Taxation in Qatar
- "There are two separate tax regimes in operation in Qatar and an entity is under the remit of only one regime.
- By default an entity is under the State of Qatar regime.
- Alternatively, an entity is under the remit of the Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) regime if the entity is licensed with the QFC."
- Qatar - the Treasurer's Wiki
Another example is the cogntive status quo bias to favour pre-existing conditions or choices, whatever they are.
- Credit event
- Cross default
- Default bias
- Default fund
- Event of default
- Exposure At Default
- Financial covenant
- Grace period
- Loss Given Default
- Loan agreement
- Non-performing loan
- Qatar Financial Centre
- Variation margin