Early warning indicator
1. Bank supervision.
A qualitative or quantitative measure used by a bank to identify stress, or potential stress, at an appropriately early stage to enable timely and effective responses.
2. Risk management.
Any qualitative or quantitative measure to identify potential problems at an appropriately early stage.
- EWIs in supplier financials
- Update on treasury matters relating to the coronavirus: Liquidity management...
- While many businesses have faced a slow-down in sales receipts from customers, it is encouraging that other organisations are adopting a more positive range of approaches to paying their supply chains with some...
- ... Monitoring supplier financials more aggressively with agreed metrics forming part of Early Warning Indicators on the state of the immediate supply chain.
- Association of Corporate Treasurers, 28 April 2020, Naresh Aggarwal, Associate Director Policy & Technical.