Digital public money
From ACT Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Economics - money supply - central banks - public money - digital currency.
The part of the money supply comprising any digital liabilities of the central bank.
For example, any central bank digital currency (CBDC).
- CBDC should anchor monetary stability & complement private sector activities
- "In a recent presentation by Fabio Panetta (member of the Executive Board of the ECB), at the Annual Congress of the European Economic Association, he noted:
- o Digital public money is the monetary anchor in a digital world.
- o The importance of safeguarding monetary sovereignty.
- o The need to enhance competition and efficiency in payments.
- But also the importance that a CBDC was not too successful if it crowds out private sector activity."
- ACT blog - Naresh Aggarwal - Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) and other digital currencies – September 2022.
- Central bank
- Central bank digital currency (CBDC)
- Digital currency
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Economic Association (EEA)
- Monetary policy
- Monetary stability
- Money supply
- Private money
- Private sector
- Public money
- Public sector