A bank which acts as the bank for a government and the other banks in a country or economic area.
Central banks are sometimes known as 'reserve' banks.
The central bank in the UK is the Bank of England.
In the euro area (informally the Eurozone or Euro zone), it is the European Central Bank.
In the United States, it is the Federal Reserve System.
In Australia, it is the Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Bank of England
- Bank supervision
- Central bank reporting
- Direct participant in an IFTS
- euro zone
- European Central Bank
- Federal Reserve Bank
- Institute of International Finance
- Lender of last resort
- Market maker of last resort
- Monetary authority
- Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Oversight of payment systems
- Quantitative easing
- Reserves account
- Reserve currency