Greenhouse Gas Protocol
Environmental policy - corporate accounting and reporting - standards.
(GHGP, or GHG Protocol Corporate Standard).
Abbreviation for the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard.
It is designed to:
- Help organisations prepare a GHG inventory that represents a true and fair account of their GHG emissions, through the use of standardised approaches and principles.
- Simplify and reduce the costs of compiling a GHG inventory.
- Provide business with information that can be used to build an effective strategy to manage and reduce GHG emissions.
- Provide information that facilitates participation in voluntary and mandatory GHG programmes.
- Increase consistency and transparency in GHG accounting and reporting among different organisations and GHG programmes.
It is published by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and the World Resources Institute.
- Carbon credits
- Carbon footprint
- Carbon tax
- Corporate social responsibility
- GHG inventory
- Greenhouse gas (GHG)
- Kyoto Protocol
- Montreal Pledge
- Natural Capital Protocol
- True and fair view
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- World Resources Institute (WRI)