From ACT Wiki
Law - financial reporting - tax - credit rating.
Hybrid capital instruments have features both of equity and of debt.
Relevant equity features may include:
- Entitling the issuer to defer or cancel coupon (interest) payments.
- Being treated as equity for financial reporting purposes.
- Being regarded as equity for credit rating purposes.
- Qualifying as regulatory capital, especially under the regulatory capital rules for banks and insurance companies.
Relevant debt features may include the tax-deductibility of coupon payments.
- An introduction to equity capital
- Bank supervision
- Capital instrument
- Capital employed
- Capital structure
- Common equity
- Common stock
- Compound instrument
- Credit rating
- Equity instrument
- Financial instrument
- Financial reporting
- Hybrid debt
- Kay Review
- Liabilities and equity
- Ordinary shares
- Own funds
- Share capital
- Total Loss Absorbing Capacity