1. Financial markets regulation.
In financial markets regulation, 'institutions' include credit institutions and investment firms.
As a description of market participants, 'institutional' investors are professional investors who invest on behalf of others.
Any formal structure or organisation, particularly one which is large, long-established, and legal or political in nature.
- Authorised payment institution
- British Standards Institution
- Credit institution
- Development finance institution
- European Union
- External Credit Assessment Institution
- Financial institution
- Institutional investor
- Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change
- Institutional Money Market Funds Association
- Institutional Shareholder Services
- Investment firm
- Large Complex Financial Institution
- Less significant institution
- Monetary financial institution
- Settlement institution
- Significant institution
- Systemically Important Financial Institution