From ACT Wiki
Economics - recession and recovery.
A "K" shaped recovery is characterised by a divergence in the recovery - or continued decline - of different sectors of the economy.
A chart of the key economic measures would resemble a letter "K".
- Recovery forecasts diverge
- "The impact of COVID-19 is likely to preoccupy businesses into 2021.
- As of early October , financial markets appear to be pricing in a recovery.
- However, contingent on developing and rolling out an effective vaccination programme, economists disagree as to whether the recovery will be shaped as a ‘V’ (fast), ‘L’ (slow), ‘W’ (a second or even third wave of the virus) or – perhaps more insightfully – a ‘K’ (growth for some sectors, decline for others)."
- The Treasurer magazine, December 2020, p30 - ACT Technical briefing.