From ACT Wiki
The economic beliefs and policies of US Republican President Donald Trump, who took office in January 2017.
- Trumponomics - a return to boom and bust?
- "... there is a new noun in town - Trumponomics.
- The new president's set of ideas seem to combine an odd mix of fiscal reform, infrastructure spending and isolationism on international trade and foreign policy.
- So far, markets have priced in all the good news, the positive elements of Trump's plans, while discounting the scary stuff, such as a possible US trade war with China or the possibility that Trump actually goes ahead with his [wall] building plans at the Mexican border.
- Done right, pro-growth policies should boost US growth... to the benefit of the global economy.
- But if Trump's policies create excess demand in the US and elsewhere, that could nourish the exuberance and credit excesses that would eventually need to be corrected by a recession after the boom.
- So, 2020 - watch this space."
- The Treasurer magazine, February 2017, p15 - Kallum Pickering, senior UK economist at Berenberg Bank.