Porter's Five Forces of Competition, a strategic analysis model developed by Professor Michael E Porter.
The competitive forces identified by the model are:
- The threat of new Competitors entering the market.
- The threat from Substitute products or services.
- The bargaining power of Customers.
- The bargaining power of Suppliers.
- The intensity of the Rivalry between the current competitors in the market.
For example, barriers to entry into the market may reduce the threat of new competitors entering.