The concept of a treasury with fully automated routine processing which is updated instantly and data displayed immediately.
Real-time treasury aims to helps treasurers make timely decisions based on live information.
Key benefits of real-time treasury include:
- eliminating labour-intensive processes
- reducing the need for hedging and liquidity buffers
- lowering gross debt
- eliminating FX exposures faster
- reducing local bank credit risk
Vision for the future
- While a fully real-time treasury remains a vision for the future, its building blocks are already in place, with the instruments, solutions and technology that real-time treasury will rely on already proven and in use.
- The road to real-time treasury, Deutsche Bank, page 24