Sterling Fnality Payment System
Distributed ledger - payment systems - Fnality - UK.
The Sterling Fnality Payment System uses Distributed Ledger Technology to transfer funds.
It is primarily focussed on wholesale and high value payments, backed by central bank money.
Source: UK Payments Systems Regulator.
- Fnality and other payment systems could promote competition
- "[In 2023/24 we will] develop our approach to regulating the Sterling Fnality Payment System...
- The emergence of designated payment systems such as Sterling Fnality could present alternatives to the existing payment systems.
- This may promote competition within the market."
- UK Payments Systems Regulator - Annual Plan 2023/24 - p44.
- Central bank money
- Distributed ledger
- Fnality International
- Interbank Funds Transfer System
- Payment infrastructure
- Payment service provider
- Payment system
- Payment Systems Regulator (PSR)