Sustainability linked financing
From ACT Wiki
Sustainability - ESG - financing - bonds - loans - sukuks.
Any type of financing for which the financial and/or structural characteristics can vary depending on whether the issuer achieves predefined Sustainability / ESG objectives.
Sustainability financing may include sustainability-linked bonds, sustainability linked loans, and sustainability linked sukuks.
- Aviation's first transition sukuk
- "Judges also praised the aviation sector’s first-ever sustainability linked financing – which also happened to be wrapped up in the industry’s first-ever transition sukuk.
- Raising $600m and securing the $300m early repayment of a 2021 debt maturity, Etihad’s deal is supporting the firm’s efforts in three emissions-reduction work streams: (1) sustainable aviation fuels, (2) voluntary carbon offsets and (3) operational efficiencies.
- Last year, the airline operated four flights using synthetic fuels."
- ACT Deals of the Year Awards 2020 - highly commended - Etihad Airways.
- Corporate social responsibility
- Green Bond Principles (GBP)
- Green bond
- International Capital Market Association
- Key performance indicator
- Loan Market Association
- Social bond
- Social impact bond
- Sustainability bond
- Sustainability Bond Guidelines (SBP)
- Sustainability-linked bond
- Sustainability-Linked Bond Principles (SLBP)
- Sustainability linked loan
- Sustainability-Linked Loan Principles (SLLP)
- Sustainability performance target
- Transition sukuk
- Use of proceeds bond