From ACT Wiki
A tax haven is a low tax environment - usually a country - used to shelter income and gains from taxation, or to defer taxation.
- EU's 'non-cooperative' tax jurisdictions list
- "The EU list of non-cooperative jurisdictions for tax purposes is a tool to tackle:
- Tax fraud or evasion: illegal non-payment or under payment of tax
- Tax avoidance: use of legal means to minimise tax liability
- Money laundering: concealment of origins of illegally obtained money
- It lists non-EU countries that encourage abusive tax practices, which erode EU member states' corporate tax revenues.
- By identifying these countries at EU level, member states can act together to put pressure for reform. The aim is not to name and shame countries, but to encourage positive change in their tax legislation and practices, through cooperation."
- European Council, February 2020
- Beneficial owner
- European Council
- European Union
- Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs
- Inland Revenue
- PANA inquiry
- Panama Papers
- Paradise Papers
- Secrecy jurisdiction
- Taxable person