1. Bank relationship management.
Under a transactional banking approach, a corporate customer will select the best bank, or number of banks, for a particular transaction.
'Transactional banking' also refers to the particular banking transactions themselves, additional to core funds transfer and borrowings.
- Understand your banks' business model
- "Make sure that you know not only your own business, but your banks' business very well...
- You need to understand the banks' costs of funding.
- Transactional banking forms a key part of ancillary business, so if you remove it from a bank, you could place pressure on other banking products you use, such as your revolving credit facility."
- The Treasurer magazine, Cash Management Edition April 2019 p18, Joanna Bonnett, group treasurer at Page Group.