From ACT Wiki
Global Financial Crisis - regulation - UK.
The Turner Review examined the causes of the Global Financial Crisis, and made recommendations for changes in regulation and supervision.
It started its work in October 2008, and reported in March 2009.
The Turner Review's recommendations included:
- Increasing the quality and quantity of capital in the global banking system.
- Recognising liquidity regulation and supervision as of equal importance to capital regulation.
- Constraining commercial banks' role in risky proprietary trading activities.
- Bank supervision
- Big Bang
- Capital adequacy
- Commercial bank
- Credit crunch
- Capital Requirements Directive (CRD)
- European Fund for Strategic Investments
- eurozone crisis
- Global Financial Crisis
- Great Depression
- Great Recession
- Proprietary trading