From ACT Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
An under-banked individual or business is one that does not have adequate access to mainstream financial services.
- Bahamian Sand Dollar to serve under-banked populations
- "Countries have different motives for exploring and issuing CBDCs, but in the case of The Bahamas, the need to serve unbanked and under-banked populations across more than 30 of its inhabited islands was a primary driving force."
- International Monetary Fund - The Ascent of CBDCs - September 2022.
- Bank account
- Basic bank account
- Cash management in Africa
- Central bank digital currency (CBDC)
- Challenger bank
- Commercial bank
- Credit creation
- Financial exclusion
- International Monetary Fund
- Sand Dollar
- Shadow banking