Network for Greening the Financial System
From ACT Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Green finance - international initiatives.
Abbreviation for the Network of Central Banks and Supervisors for greening the Financial System, established in 2017.
The NGFS is established to:
- Help strengthen the global response required to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement.
- Enhance the role of the financial system to manage risks and to mobilise capital for green and low-carbon investments in the broader context of environmentally sustainable development.
- Define and promote best practices to be implemented within and outside of the membership of the NGFS.
- Conduct or commission analytical work on green finance.
- Central bank
- Climate risk
- ESG investment
- Global Sustainable Investment Alliance
- Green finance
- Green Finance Study Group
- Paris Agreement
- Sustainable finance
- Sustainability bond
- Sustainability linked loan
- UK Centre for Greening Finance & Investment